Cool enough to turn on the oven, but still warm enough for ice cream. September, you're the best.
WHAT'S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live)
Apples, Arugula, Beans, Beets, Corn, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Fennel, Figs, Grapes, Mangoes, Melons, Okra, Pears, Peppers, Plums, Pumpkins, Raspberries, Shallots, Sorrel, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Watercress, Watermelon, Winter Squash
1. Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
3. Parmesan Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
I'm on board with anything that involves baked parmesan. Recipe here.
4. Steak Tacos with Cherry Chipotle Salsa
5. Cornmeal Crepes with Figs and Pears
A reason to wake up in time for breakfast. Recipe here.
6. Zucchini and Chickpea Tagine
7. Brownie Pie
The hybrid dessert craze is in full swing, and I'm okay with it. Recipe here.
8. Deep Dish Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Best thing about September? Eggplants and tomatoes still abound, and bikini season is a whole nine months away. Recipe here.
9. Yogurt-Marinated Lamb Skewers
The perfect way to close out grilling season. Recipe here.
10. Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn
The easiest, most delicious thing you've never made. Recipe here.
11. End of Summer Ratatouille
The easiest ratatouille you will ever make. Recipe here.
12. Honey Apple Cake
Whether you celebrate Rosh Hashanah or not, this cake is unbeatable in its simplicity. Recipe here.
13. Fig and Bourbon Fizz
14. Pork and Plums
Single pan cooking doesn't get much prettier than this. Recipe here.
15. Feta Cheese, Arugula, and Poached Egg Open Sandwich
16. Concord Grape Jam
No shame in making a PB&J the old-fashioned way. Recipe here.br>
17. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
Healthier than the regular kind? Maybe. Recipe here.
18. Bananas Foster
Seasons come and go, but overripe bananas seem to be a never ending problem. Recipe here.
19. Spiced Okra
A nice alternative to the battered and deep-fried classic. Recipe here.
20. Maple Fig Wheat Berry Oatmeal
Because it's just about time for hot breakfasts again. Recipe here.
21. Cherry Tomato, Prosciutto, and Ricotta Fritatta
22. Parchment Poached Salmon Pouches
Now that it's safe to turn the oven on, learn how to cook fish the easy way. Recipe here.
23. Rosemary Roasted Squash and Mushroom Salad
24. Whole Wheat Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Snack Cake with Candied Pistachios
Whole wheat? Nuts? Vegetables!? Definitely passable as a breakfast food. Recipe here.
25. Caprese Chicken
26. Wilted Escarole with Feta, Walnuts, and Honey
27. Goat Cheesekake with Figs, Pecans, and Honey
So perfect you almost don't even want to cut into it. Recipe here.
28. Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
You'll never be the same after this. Recipe here.
29. Eggplant Involtini
30. Salami Sub with White Bean Spread and Kale Slaw
You'll want to bring your lunch to work. Recipe here.
SOURCE - BuzzFeed - 30 Delicious Things to Cook in September